If anyone actually checks this blog they may be puzzled as to why it hasn't been updated for... ever. Well, here at team Jackson headquarters we (I) had a bit of confusion over blog responsibilities. I thought since this was the "Team Jackson" blog that both Darick and I would be contributing, otherwise wouldn't it be called "all the nonsense Abi can type" blog? I was wrong. After trying for several months to get Darick to update the blog I gave in, and here we are. He said his contribution would be that I could interview him for the information he felt needed to be included... and away we go. [I don't understand technology and, therefore, cannot be held responsible for technology stuff.]
In order of priority -
Pinkie toe.
About a week prior to his 6 month checkup for the surgery he had on his big toe Jackson was goofing off [a.k.a. "cleaning up"] and tried to kick some clothes of mine up off the floor and accidentally smacked his foot into the bathroom counter. If the words that followed are any indication, this hurt quite a bit. His toes turned all kinds of funny colors and continued to smart that whole week, so I reminded him to tell the Doctor when he went in for his checkup. The doctor did an X-ray and found that he had indeed broken his little toe (the one that goes wee wee wee all the way home). Of course there isn't anything you can do for a broken pinkie toe, so it just hurt for a couple of months and is feeling much better now.
Ikea.
Our ugly plush dining chairs circa early '80s finally were all falling apart so we went to Ikea and purchased some sleek new Scandinavian ones. They look much nicer. Jackson really likes Ikea.
Home improvements.
We purchased a screen door and a dining room light fixture. Darick installed both expertly, though some of the words from the "toe incident" did show up again. [The "instructions" that came with the fixture were poorly written.]
We have also ordered new windows which will be installed next week. We are really looking forward to this improvement because the windows we have now are the original aluminum single panes from the '70s. When you stand next to them you have to yell to be heard over the rattling and wind. Also, we live on the 3rd floor facing west and the current windows turn our home into a convection oven. We are looking forward to the effect the new windows will have on our electricity bill this summer.
So, that is pretty much it from Darick. Oh yeah, we are having a baby too. [Oooh yeah... huh...]
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment