We are at the 10 week mark. The newest member of Team Jackson is about the size of a grape now, and has graduated from embryo to fetus.
I had my first prenatal checkup and heard the baby's heart beat (178 bpm). It was amazing, I cried like a wuss. I also got to bring home pictures of our little bug. [It's like a grainy, black & white "Where's Waldo".] Now that Jackson has stopped throwing up at the mention of the baby we are both really excited and looking forward to meeting the little one.
I was really sick for about about a week and a half, but have been doing much better. I get nauseous still but nothing too bad. I don't really have any food aversions, except pictures of some foods will make my stomach flip. Haven't had any cravings yet either. All in all I have really had it pretty easy so far. I have been hearing lots of horror stories and consider myself fortunate. [Hooray! Me too!] I have 2 weeks to go until we hit the 2nd trimester which is supposed to be the golden time when you look and feel great, so hurray for that.
We are furiously trying to make room for a baby in our small condo. As any of you who know Jackson will be able to attest to, he is a bit of (to an insane degree) a pack rat. [Hey! Grrr! Ha, ha, ha!] This makes rearranging the house a major undertaking, but I am determined to have it done by the end of the 2nd trimester and still be happily married.
I guess you can expect most of the new posts to be about the baby for a while. We have decided to find out if we are having a boy or a girl, so we will be sure to let everyone know in the next couple of months.
I guess that is all for now, we wish all of you the best.
Abi & Darick
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY! I'm so happy the Jacksons are back in business. I also can't wait to meet Jackson Jr. Woohoo!! :)
Post a Comment