As you may or may not know, I broke my jaw. As anyone with even the shortest acquaintance with me will know, I am not the type to deal with this kind of thing gracefully. I have been put on a liquid diet for 6 weeks, and have yet to see if they will wire my jaw shut or not.
You may think the prospect of having my mouth wired closed would thrill Darick, however he is already living through the tornado of crankiness that is me on a liquid diet. He may move into his truck if the wiring takes place.
Two realizations have come from my mouth misfortune thus far...
1) Not eating out creates a massive amount of dishes. We expected to have a few more, but this is ridiculous! As we are unloading the dishwasher we ask ourselves... what was this gravy boat used for, and what does this thing do, and do we even own this chaffing dish?
2) I love food too much. I am amazed at how much of my normal day is spent eating, thinking about what I will be eating, planning what I want to eat at some point, and wondering what I would eat right now if I could have anything in the world. Obviously there is a certain freedom to limiting your choices to protein shake, yogurt, and soup. It also leaves a big chunk of time in my daily life that I am not sure what to do with yet.
The silver lining is I am losing a few pounds in the process.
Keep Darick in your thoughts, and lend him moral support in these difficult times. He has been a champ so far!
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I would die if I had to prepare all our meals at home! I'm quite sure Hunter and I would starve to death. I feel so bad for you...I wish there was something I could do to make it better!
Post a Comment